The Crop Shop, LLC
475 N Shore Dr, #2E
Clear Lake, IA 50428-8849
Welcome to The Crop Shop website. I am Steve Nicklaus, owner and “trying to retire” partner within our organization. I previously owned and operated a full service insurance agency for over 20 years before selling that and working part time for the new owners. I learned pretty quickly that I wasn’t employee material and headed back out to do my own thing.
I love the challenge of creating new products geared toward the Ag industry and thinking outside the box. I created a dividend crop hail program as well as a dairy gross margin organization. The latest and greatest of these is of course the specialized errors and omissions policy we offer for Pioneer.
As much as I enjoy the work I do, I am fully engaged in enjoying life along the way. My wife Sue and I love to travel and we enjoy watching the Iowa State basketball teams either in person or on tv. I spend time biking, grilling, and even filling in for our pastor on occasion! We have two daughters, Shelly being the oldest (she loves it when I introduce her that way!) 2 son in laws and 2 perfect grandchildren… Yes, it is appropriate to laugh here 🙂
- Owner/Partner, The Crop Shop, LLC, Clear Lake, IA
- Innovator and developer of Unique and Specialized Errors & Omissions Protection Program for Seed Sales agents and Granular CSA’s
- Independent insurance agent with primary emphasis on crop and farm related risk management protection products since 1981 as Owner, Manager & Primary Agency Producer
- Founder/Partner of The Crop Shop, LLC; Advantage Ag Insurance, LLC; Dairy Gross Margin Insurance, LLC; and Crop-Link, LLC
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa: Bachelor of Science
- Annual and Extended Continuing Education
- CCIC Certified Crop Insurance Counselor
- Member of the Independent Insurance Agents of Iowa in good standing
” I found years later I was the first Professional Liability Errors&Omissions client of The Crop Shop. I have known, or known of, Steve Nicklaus for over 40 years. I trust him, and when he said he had a good policy designed just for my exposures developed with input from Pioneer I bought it. I had carried a general errors and omission policy before. The Crop Shop policy has many more coverages with less exclusions, specifically designed for my exposures and at a significantly lesser premium than I paid before. Even my then insurance agent said it was better than he could offer.
I would suggest your talking with Shelly or Steve. “